NSW Drought Strategy
The 2015 NSW Drought Strategy, totalling more than $300 million, focuses on preparedness, improved decision making and targeted support for rural communities.
Assistance from the NSW Government
The following measures are available to assist rural producers:
- Farm Innovation Fund loans to primary producers for drought and disaster preparedness works and other productivity improvements.
- Transport Assistance Transport subsidies for animal welfare and for donated fodder from within NSW.
- Farm Business Skills Professional Development Program for primary producers in NSW.
- Consideration for deferral of payments of NSW Rural Assistance Authority loans where temporary repayment difficulties can be demonstrated
- Farm Debt Mediation including Farm-initiated mediation
- Case Studies - read how vital financial assistance has helped farmers prepare their properties.
Should you have any questions regarding the above please do not hesitate to contact the Authority on Toll Free 1800 678 593.
Regional Assistance Advisory Committee
The Regional Assistance Advisory Committee (RAAC) provides advice on the vulnerability of rural communities to climate-related downturns, and advice on potential farm business, farm family and community support response programs and initiatives direct to the NSW Government.
The Regional Assistance Advisory Committee has commissioned the Australian Farm Institute to undertake a review of NSW's drought measures to ensure it is in line with the Intergovernmental Agreement on National Drought Program Reform. The review and the NSW Government response is available here.
Rural Resilience Program
The Rural Resilience team works across rural NSW with a range of stakeholders to drive economic, social and physical resilience and innovation in farming communities. The Program also includes additional Rural Support Workers contracted to meet specific farming community needs related to adverse events.
Rural Support Workers provide immediate personal support, basic information and referral to other appropriate services.
Other relevant information
Subscribe to the Seasonal Conditions and Climate Summary eNewsletter
Bureau of Meteorology - Seasonal Outlooks
Centacare (Dubbo) - 02 6885 0277 - Family and relationship services and support