Rural Landholders Grant

Eligible Local Government Areas

Local Government Areas eligible for Supply Chain Support Grants - NSW Storms and Floods

Closing date

Armidale, Ballina, Bathurst, Bega Valley, Bellingen, Blacktown, Blue Mountains, Bogan, Brewarrina, Byron, Cabonne, Camden, Campbelltown, Canterbury-Bankstown, Central Coast, Central Darling, Cessnock, Clarence Valley, Cobar, Coffs Harbour, Coonamble, Cumberland, Dungog, Eurobodalla, Fairfield, Georges River, Gilgandra, Glen Innes Severn, Goulburn Mulwaree, Greater Hume, Gunnedah, Gwydir, Hawkesbury, Hornsby, Hunters Hill, Inner West, Inverell, Kempsey, Ku-rin-gai, Kyogle, Lachlan, Lake Macquarie, Lismore, Lithgow, Liverpool Plains, Maitland, Mid-coast, Moree Plains, Muswellbrook Shire, Nambucca Valley, Narrabri, Narromine Shire, Newcastle, Northern Beaches, Oberon, Parramatta, Penrith, Port Macquarie-Hastings, Port Stephens, Queanbeyan-Palerang, Richmond Valley, Shoalhaven, Singleton, Snowy Monaro, Sutherland, Tamworth, Temora, Tenterfield, The Hills, Tweed, Upper Lachlan, Uralla, Walcha, Walgett, Warren, Wingecarribee & Wollondilly28 January 2022

We recommend that you use the Google Chrome browser

Need help filling in this form?

Primary producers - free confidential assistance is available from your local Rural Financial Counselling Service.

You can also give the RAA permission to work with your own private financial advisor or accountant to assist you, however you will be liable for any professional fees charged. Contact the Rural Assistance Authority team on 1800 678 593.

The Application Process

Find out what you can apply for
What you will need
Apply online
Claim invoice payment
Need help?


Storms & Floods Recovery Assistance - Available Programs

NSW Storms & Floods RAA Programs Flowchart

Application Information

The Rural Landholders Grants are available to eligible landholders who were affected by the NSW storms and floods that occurred from February and March 2021 onwards, and who are not eligible for existing flood support programs (SDG, SCSG and other natural disaster assistance). Applicants with a holding of at least 10ha and minimum primary production income of $20,000 per annum can apply for a grant of up to $10,000 to support their recovery.

You will be required to upload a number of documents during the application process. Please ensure you have a digital copy of the following documents:

  • LLS Rates Notice Lease Agreement if you are the Lessee of a property where works will be completed
  • Tax Invoices for any works completed/products purchased to date
  • Most recent Tax Returns & Financial Statements for your farm business

The online application form has been designed to make the process as simple as possible. You will be required to upload digital copies of supporting documentation (please refer to the 'What you will need section') so please have these ready before commencing your application.

If you are unsure at any stage of the process as to how to complete the online application form, please use the Rural Landholders Grant example application document for information and helpful tips on how to proceed.

Download the Rural Landholders Grant Example Application Form (PDF, 1269.27 KB)

All RLG recipients will be paid upon submission of valid tax invoices through the online claims process.

To claim payment, you will need:

  • BP reference number
  • ABN number
  • Case number from original application
  • Tax Invoices

*Note that the RAA can ask for proof of payment (receipts, bank statements) against invoices, either at the point of processing a claim, or at audit.

Need Help?

If you are unsure about program and application details and requirements, please refer to the frequently asked questions for more information as your queries may be covered in this document.

If you are still unsure, please contact the RAA on 1800 678 593 or via email at

If you are experiencing any issues completing this application form, free confidential assistance is available from your local Rural Financial Counselling Service.

If you have difficulty understanding the guidelines or completing the application form you should seek the assistance of your rural/financial counsellor, business advisor, accountant or a trusted family member/friend. If you need assistance with interpreting or translating, please contact Multicultural NSW on 1300 651 500 or email

For further assistance, please contact the RAA on 1800 678 593 or email us at

If you are unable to access support from your local RFCS or LLS office, you may be able to access additional support to complete your application through the RAA.

If you do not have internet access and/or are unable to complete an online application form you may request an appointment to complete a booking over the phone – please call 1800 678 593 to arrange a booking time.

Please note that the RAA will need your documents listed in the ‘What you will need’ section before this can be completed. These can be emailed or posted to us and must be received by the RAA prior to your booking.

Post: Locked Bag 23, Orange, NSW, 2800

Rural Recovery Support Service

DPI’s Flood Rural Recovery Support Service provides assistance to primary producers and rural landholders impacted by the February and March storms and floods to support their recovery journey. If you are unsure where to go for information and assistance, please call 0448 077 684 or email to request a callback from someone in your region. For more information and to find your local Recovery Worker visit: