Emergency Drought Relief Package
The NSW Government has announced a $500 million Emergency Drought Relief Package to help farmers manage the effects of the current drought.
From 14 January 2019, drought-affected farmers will be able to claim up to 25% on new farm water infrastructure costs.
From 06 August 2018 farmers will be able to access transport subsidies under the Emergency Drought Relief Package.
Interest free loans of up to $50,000 are available to eligible primary producers to assist in implementing systems and management practices that enhance the sustainability of their enterprise.
Claim a 50% subsidy up to $20,000 on the permanent transfer of stock off a farm. New online claim form now available.
100% of the cost of transporting donated fodder is available to transport providers associated with community groups
A one-stop online destination for primary producers preparing for and managing drought conditions.
A package to assist primary producers identify and address risks to their farming enterprise and meet changes to seasonal conditions.
From 1 October 2018, applications will be available to assist applicants to adopt new technology and innovative practices to better address the changing demands of the future forest industry
Assistance for primary producers & small businesses affected by a declared natural disaster.
From 1 July 2018, farmers will need to apply to the Regional Investment Corporation (RIC) for the Commonwealth’s farm business concessional loans.
The Authority provides a number of loans for you to choose from. The table summarises which loan product is most suitable for your needs. For more information feel free to contact us on 1800 678 593.
A program to help farmers access training and business skills.
A scheme to assist the commercial fishing industry in NSW to manage restructure impacts.
Provides for the efficient and equitable resolution of farm debt disputes.
Read how vital financial assistance has helped farmers prepare their properties.
NSW RAA partners with rural communities to provide the information, tools and assistance for growth, productivity and sustainability.
A scheme to share the benefits of Coal Seam Gas (CSG) production with the local communities where the gas is extracted.
An independent appeal process if an application for assistance has been refused.
- 17 Jan 2019A Storm that affected Parishes within the Edward River, Murrumbidgee, Murray River, Federation and Berrigan LGAs, on 9 December, has been declared an Agricultural Natural Disaster
- 17 Jan 2019Storms and Floods - Clarence Valley, Dungog, Mid-Coast, Walcha, Warrumbungle LGAs, that occurred on 20 December, have been declared a Natural Disaster
- 14 Jan 2019Applications for the Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate Scheme are now open.
- 09 Jan 2019Storms in the Hills, Hornsby, Parramatta, Campbelltown and Sutherland, that occurred from 13 December, have been declared a Natural Disaster
- 21 Dec 2018Storms in Tamworth, Lithgow, Dubbo, Hornsby, Liverpool, Central Coast, Waverley and Wollahra LGAs that occurred from 20 December, have been declared a Natural Disaster
- 21 Dec 2018Rebates for water smart NSW farmers
- 14 Nov 2018The NSW Department of Primary Industries (DPI) State Seasonal Update for October 2018 is now available.
- 13 Jun 2018More than $584 million to help drought affected farmers.pdf [181.9 KB PDF]
- 21 May 2018Sourcing fit for purpose drought feed
- 16 May 2018New State Drought Coordinator appointed