Emergency Drought Relief Package
The NSW Government has announced a $500 million Emergency Drought Relief Package to help farmers manage the effects of the current drought.
From 06 August 2018 farmers will be able to access transport subsidies under the Emergency Drought Relief Package.
From 1 July 2018, farmers will need to apply to the Regional Investment Corporation (RIC) for the Commonwealth’s farm business concessional loans.
Interest free loans of up to $50,000 are available to eligible primary producers to assist in implementing systems and management practices that enhance the sustainability of their enterprise.
Claim a 50% subsidy up to $20,000 on the permanent transfer of stock off a farm. New online claim form now available.
100% of the cost of transporting donated fodder is available to transport providers associated with community groups
A one-stop online destination for primary producers preparing for and managing drought conditions.
NSW RAA partners with rural communities to provide the information, tools and assistance for growth, productivity and sustainability.
Assistance for primary producers & small businesses affected by a declared natural disaster.
A package to assist primary producers identify and address risks to their farming enterprise and meet changes to seasonal conditions.
The Authority provides a number of loans for you to choose from. The table summarises which loan product is most suitable for your needs. For more information feel free to contact us on 1800 678 593.
A program to help farmers access training and business skills.
Read how vital financial assistance has helped farmers prepare their properties.
Provides for the efficient and equitable resolution of farm debt disputes.
A scheme to assist the commercial fishing industry in NSW to manage restructure impacts.
A scheme to share the benefits of Coal Seam Gas (CSG) production with the local communities where the gas is extracted.
An independent appeal process if an application for assistance has been refused.
- 15 Aug 2018Drought Assistance fact sheet now available. Includes details on NSW Emergency Drought Relief assistance.
- 30 Jul 2018Announced today, from 6 August 2018 farmers will be able to access transport subsidies under the Emergency Drought Relief Package. See more information.
- 28 Jun 2018From 1 July 2018, farmers will need to apply to the Regional Investment Corporation (RIC) for the Commonwealth’s farm business concessional loans.
- 24 Jun 2018The Bushfire in Berrigan (parish of Carlyle) on 12 April 2018 has been declared an Agricultural Natural Disaster. Primary producers can access disaster relief loans and transport freight subsidies.
- 24 Jun 2018The Bushfire in Greater Hume (parishes of Brocklesby, Hovell, Moorwatha and Morebringer) on 12 April 2018 has been declared an Agricultural Natural Disaster. Primary producers can access disaster relief loans and transport freight subsidies.
- 13 Jun 2018More than $584 million to help drought affected farmers.pdf [181.9 KB PDF]
- 21 May 2018Sourcing fit for purpose drought feed
- 16 May 2018New State Drought Coordinator appointed
- 09 Apr 2018New transport fund to help drought affected farmers. [99.6 KB PDF]
- 20 Mar 2018New drought indicator safeguarding farmers [100.9 KB PDF]